Sunday, November 20, 2011

County Board Meeting for November 15, 2011

My Dad, Herb Hakes, passed away on November 15, so I was not in attendance at the November 15, 2011 County Board Meeting.  Minutes from this meeting will be published in the Cook County News Herald or may be obtained by contacting Janet Simonen at 387-3602.

My Dad died on the same date as my Mom, just four years later.  His Memorial Service was held Saturday, November 19, in Aitkin.

My Dad was one of the good guys.  He was hardworking, honest & true, loving & kind, fair & firm, fun-loving, faithful, optimistic, trustworthy, responsible, thoughtful. He was a Believer.  He was my teacher and my "go-to" guy; I trusted him implicitly. Dad always had my best interest at heart.  He was forgiving, always giving me (and others) a second chance.  He believed in wiping the slate clean and fresh starts.

I miss Dad desperately.  I find comfort in knowing that the world is a better place because of my Dad.  And, I am a better person because of my him.  I am grateful for my Dad and thank God for him.

Dad died after a courageous struggle with Parkinson's Disease and Lewy Body Dementia.